As a certified teacher of yoga, positive psychology, meditation and mindfulness, I am aware of my responsibility to my course participant clients. For this reason I am insured and as a member in good standing of the International Meditation and Mindfulness Alliance, I observe the following ethical guidelines as suggested by their Board of Governors;
1.Transparency and openness. In advance of the course, I will accurately inform all participants about the content, form, duration, and costs of the course. I will also be forthright about my own qualifications and training to teach yoga meditation and mindfulness positive psychology self compassion.
- Embracing diversity. Meditation and mindfulness yoga self compassion is a learning environment that is inclusive of all. I will respect the differences between people, both visible and invisible, and will attempt to teach without biases based on differences of any kind, to the best of my ability. I will honor the unique challenges that each individual faces as we learn together to embrace our common humanity.
- Financial integrity. Although I recognize that I am entitled to be fairly compensated for my time teaching yoga meditation and mindfulness self compassion, my primary goal is to be of service to others, and I agree always to balance my own economic needs and those of my participants when making financial decisions, such as reducing fees and granting scholarships for those in need.
- Respecting the integrity of the program. Being a member of this meditation and mindfulness self compassion teacher organization, I will base my teaching on what I learned during my meditation and mindfulness teacher training, and subsequent yoga training opportunities. I respect the integrity of the meditation and mindfulness curriculum, and when using the meditation self compassion trademark, I will maintain a minimum of 85% adherence to the curriculum or receive approval from the Center for Mindful Self Compassion.
- Acknowledging the limitations of the program. I am aware that meditation and mindfulness and yoga is not a substitute for medical or mental health treatment and I will endeavor to assure that my public communications – advertising, writing, speaking, recordings- makes this clear to all prospective and current participants.
- Ongoing learning and personal practice. In order to remain qualified to teach, I will stay abreast of developments in the fields of yoga mindfulness and self compassion yoga meditation and will participate in the professional community of yoga meditation mindfulness self compassion teachers. I’m also aware that an ongoing personal practice of yoga meditation, mindfulness, compassion, and self compassion is a foundation for effective teaching.
- Responsibility for my relationship to participants. I understand that to teach yoga meditation positive psychology and self compassion, I have to be compassionate toward my students. I will take responsibility for this relationship without seeking further material or immaterial rewards, and above all else will hold the emotional and psychological safety of my meditation and mindfulness participants as paramount. For this reason, I will maintain a professional teacher–student relationship with every participant while teaching a yoga meditation or mindfulness course.
- Respect toward other teachers and programs. I understand that being a compassionate teacher includes my behaviour toward other teachers, as well as toward other mindfulness and compassion-based and self-help and 12 step or other recovery programs. This includes adopting a respectful and appreciative attitude – recognizing our shared goals of bringing mindfulness and compassion to the world – and not speaking in a disparaging way about other teachers or programs. I will attempt to address any existing or potential conflicts directly, in a constructive and compassionate manner.
9- Ideological neutrality. When teaching yoga mindfulness meditation and self compassion I will refrain from political, ideological, or religious indoctrination. I may, as a matter of course discuss the background of yoga meditation mindfulness positive psychology and self compassion and/or my own practice if asked.